AgeOptions President and Chief Executive Officer
Diane Slezak joined AgeOptions in 1976 and became president and CEO in November 2018. Prior to that, she was chief operating officer, with responsiblity for the daily operations of AgeOptions, including budget, infrastructure, human resources, technology and other operational components. Since joining the agency in 1976, she has advocated for and facilitated the establishment of several new programs to serve older adults.
In 1999 Diane worked to design and establish the Health Care Choices Program that helps older people understand and make informed choices about their health care coverage, including Medicare. She also conducted intensive community-based planning to establish the Family Caregiver Program, including working with 13 community agencies that provide caregiver specialists. In addition, she worked to merge two local nonprofit human service agencies in order to maximize funding spent for services.
Diane’s past volunteer and community service experience includes:
- Vice president, Board of Directors, Terra Nova Films, a nonprofit that produces and distributes films on older adults and aging
- Board of Directors and officer, Fillmore Center for Human Services
- Board of Directors and officer, Community Care Options
- Girl Scout Troop Leader 1997-2000
- Member, Brook Park School Parent Council, LaGrange Park, Illinois
- Community Based Task Forces, Coordinating Groups
Diane received a bachelor’s degree from Wheaton College, Wheaton, Illinois, and an MBA from Dominican University.
Diane lives in Brookfield, Illinois, with her husband. They have a grown daughter who is a social worker.