AgeOptions Virtual Programs
AgeOptions and our partners offer several programs virtually.
Find upcoming events and workshops at:
- Illinois Pathways to Health – A one-stop shop to find programs that help better your health and well-being. These workshops offered by AgeOptions and partners throughout the state have benefited older adults in better managing their chronic conditions, gaining strength, improving balance, and fighting isolation. All our workshops are offered in person and virtually making it easy to attend from the comfort of your home.
- Thrive with Pride – Cafes and monthly plenaries for LGBT+ older adults to connect with each other and learn about various topics.
- Sounds Good Sing-Alongs : Weekly sing-alongs that any older adult can join via Zoom or phone.
- Good Memories Sing-Along : A version of the virtual sing-along for people with memory loss and their care partners.
AgeOptions also offers virtual programing with our local community partners. Click on the following links to learn more and find a partner near you:
- Library Program – Public libraries in suburban Cook County offer targeted programming to older adults in their communities, providing socialization and bridging the digital divide.
- Memory Cafes – Memory Cafes are stigma-free social settings where people living with dementia and their care partners can meet others and enjoy time together. Memory Cafes are being offered virtually.
Uniper – A virtual senior center in your home
- Uniper is like a virtual senior center that you can access from the comfort of your home via your television or tablet. AgeOptions is piloting this program to people over 60 in suburban Cook County with free Uniper units and subscriptions, even if you do not have an internet connection. Click here to learn more.
Virtual Programs from Other Partners
The following community partners are offering free or low-cost virtual classes and events. Visit these sites for more information or a calendar of events: